Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

Can you guys believe this past weekend was Labor Day Weekend? This year has flown by! I was caught off guard and had no set plans, however somehow I found myself in San Diego and later at Venice beach. Saturday started with some light shopping and relaxing at home. 


On Sunday we woke up had a quick breakfast and headed south to San Diego. 


With nearly two hours on the road, we found ourselves passing by camp Pendleton, where the soldiers were doing training. 


Our destination was Petco Park for a Padres vs. Dodgers game. I was excited to see one of my ex favorite Dodger player's, Matt Kemp! 


Luckily we did not encounter any traffic and reached San Diego by noon. The weather was perfect, the sun was out and the skies were clear and crisp. Petco Park opened in 2004 and can be considered somewhat of a new stadium. I've been to a few ball parks and I can honestly say it's one of the nicer stadiums. It's so easy to access, it's clean, and in the middle of the city. These are some pictures of the view within and around the park. 









My husband and I try to go to San Diego once a year for the Padres vs. Dodger game. Last year, we took my parents so it was a little bittersweet for me this year. I kept thinking of how the last time I was there was with my dad. I also kept thinking of the road trips to Mexico we would take when we were younger. I tried to enjoy my time there and not  become overwhelmed with emotion. Our day ended with dinner in La Jolla and drove right back home that night.

On Labor Day, we slept in and woke up with a call from my brother in law. He was calling to invite us to Venice Beach. With no hesitation we got up threw on our swim suits and met up with my husband's family. Oh one thing you should know about my husband is, he is an avid handball player. Are you thinking handball?  the sport you played in elementary with a giant ball? Haha! No, he doesn't play that type of handball, it's considered more like American Handball or Street Handball and they use a small blue ball. Now you are probably wondering "why is she talking about handball?" I bring up the sport/game because the whole point we all went to Venice was because my husband, his dad, brother, cousin and some other friends intended to play handball at the beach while the gals and kids played on the beach. So that's exactly what we did.



These are the handball courts at Venice Beach (my husband is not in any of these pictures). 


Monday was a warm day so needless to say, the beach was packed. We soaked up the sun, enjoyed the waves, took a quick walk on the boardwalk and people watched. 

My niece found this huge clam and we were all excited!








The waves were really rough and the poor life guards were on their toes all day. 


In case you guys don't know, Venice Beach is also know as "Muscle Beach, so here are some of the muscles I saw.




With no set plans, this Labor Day weekend was pretty busy.

PS. The Dodgers won. 

PPS. These photos were taken with my iPhone 6.


No comments:

Post a Comment