Friday, September 25, 2015

70 mph

You guys, I went on a mini road trip this past weekend to Vallejo. In case you're wondering where is Vallejo? It's in Northern California, one hour away from San Francisco and less than 15 miles from Napa. Did I go to San Francisco or Napa, you might be wondering? Nope and nope, I stayed in Vallejo. 

We left early Saturday morning around 5:45 a.m., and  six & half  hours later we reached  our destination. The purpose of our trip was to take my father in law to see relatives that were in town from Mexico. I'm not sure if I've shared this about myself , I HATE waking up! So waking up at 4:30 in the morning was not my favorite part of the trip. I slept a little on the road and when I was awake and over waking up so early I took my camera and snapped some pictures. 

Have you guys seen the movie Yes Man with Jim Carey and Zooey Deschanel? In that movie, Zooey's character teaches a running photography class. Now, you're probably wondering what does this have to do with Vallejo? Well this trip reminded me of that movie because all of these pictures were taken from the passenger seat of a our car while traveling 70 mph. 










The top half of this post are pictures taken on our way to Vallejo. I've driving up North many times but this time I actually enjoyed the sights. I saw how the drought has damaged so many crop farms. It amazed me how dry everything appeared to be and it made me a little sad. Not everything was dry, there were some crops that were thriving which made me realize three things:

1. The hard work the farm land entails
2. How we depend on our planet
3. The importance of taking care of our planet

The second half of this post are photographs taken our way back home. Sunday we slept in a little, meet with my husband's family for breakfast and started our drive back around 1:00 p.m. Since I was able to sleep in that morning, on our drive back I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.


















This was the first time I used the fast mode on my camera and I was pleased with the outcome. Now don't get me wrong,  not all of the pictures were clear. I picked my favorite three blurry pictures to share with you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment